It was love at first taste with this light and tangy salad at my local grocery store.
But paying $9.00 per pound for it from the self-serve section? That’s when I decided to take matters into my own hands.
After cooking, chopping and swapping some ingredients, I’m pretty pleased with the result, which makes a delicious midsummer dinner or side dish to share.
Sweet & Sour Summer Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 handful parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to directions on package, set aside
- Prep veggies while cooked quinoa is cooling, combining bell pepper, mango, onion, beans, parsley and cranberries in a large bowl
- Add quinoa, then balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, mixing to incorporate
- Chill in refrigerator for a few hours (or overnight) before serving