Well, we made it to 2021!
It may be a new year, but sadly we’re still seeing so much of the toxic ‘diet culture’ messaging circulating: Restrictive regimens, guilt and shame around food, deprivation…the list goes on and on.
So I’ve got a challenge for you: Instead of fixating on LESS, let’s focus on MORE in 2021.
It’s an exercise I gave to my Wyllpower nutrition coaching clients last week: Find your intention for the New Year – and if you can’t think of one, I have a suggestion for you: Abundance.
More movement as medicine, more stress management as power, more food as fuel. Finding more joy again.
On that note, let’s also toss the word “resolution” aside. It’s really just a ‘hope,’ after all. A flimsy wish without anything solid to back it up, which is why most fail.
So let’s do things differently this year (that seems to be the trend for the past 10 months or so, anyway) and make a goal with a plan to actually see our intentions through.
Good? Good. Now here are a few tips for turning that goal + plan into results:
- Have a long-term mindset. What’s sustainable? (Hint: There’s a reason it’s called Whole30, not Whole 365)
- Consistent > perfect. Perfect is great…until it isn’t, then it devolves into a destructive restrict/binge cycle
- Find your support system. Whether IRL or online, surrounding yourself with like-minded folks is key
- Don’t forget to reset. Adequate sleep, recovery and stress management are critical to overall wellness
- Think beyond exercise. You can’t out-run a poor diet; make a smart strategy for movement + fueling
My mantra for the New Year is,” Slow & steady is better than resolve & relapse,” which is why I teamed up with Integrate Performance Fitness again for a 21-day challenge to help you establish better fitness and nutrition habits in 2021, and beyond.
We’re all about small, sustainable changes that, when done consistently, lead to BIG results. So pick your level, and get rolling with us on January 11:
- 4x/week 15-minute bodyweight workouts via app
- Weekly nutrition guidance (new habit each week)
- Private FB group with resources (workouts, grocery shopping ideas, recipes, etc.)
- Unlimited access to strength + nutrition coaches via FB group
- REGISTER HERE
- Get everything listed above in Challenge level, plus ($350 value):
- 30-minute 1:1 personal training session with Coach Al
- One-time custom macros assessment from Coach Jen
- REGISTER HERE
Register now to reserve your spot today!