In honor of our inaugural Portland Women’s Run Club season, I’ll be introducing our new team members via this interview series throughout the next few months. Get to know these impressive ladies, and come join us for FREE workouts Monday nights from 6:30-7:30 pm in Portland!
Next up is Angie Farnand, one of our new run captains this year. She rocked workouts last year as a community member, so we were thrilled to welcome her as a leader for the 2017 season.
But PWRC captain is only one of this woman’s many titles! Angie is an example of #momgoals; she holds down a full-time job and is a busy wife and mom to two kiddos (although you’d never know it trying to keep up with her at the track…actually maybe keeping up with them is her secret to staying so fit?).
What I love about Angie is not only how she sets an active example for her little ones (she recently crushed the Portland Marathon), but that her positive attitude is infectious, whether she’s recruiting friends to join us for workouts, making the team look legit in our official gear or wearing a smile as we run in the rain (fun fact: one of her favorite things).
So, without further ado, let’s get to know Angie a bit better…
1. What’s your favorite route? I love to step out my front door and get my run started! I live in Tualatin and feel grateful for the nice trails and neighborhoods available to me. I frequent the trail along the Tualatin River most often. Most of my runs take place at work so you are likely to find me on Nike’s Hollister Trail or the Tualatin Hills Nature Center trails.
2. What shoes do you wear? Today I wear Nike Fitsole Lite Run 3’s. I am not a “brand loyal” runner; I like to switch it up!
3. What other gear can’t you live without? I always wear my hip pouch…it’s great for my phone, key, chap stick, etc.!
4. What’s your best time-saver or “runhack?” Plan ahead; I always pack my gym bag at night!
5. What running-related thing are you better at than anyone else? I would say that I am very committed to my training schedule….sometimes to a fault 🙂
6. What do you listen to while running? Pandora; I like the variety!
7. What are you currently training for? Nothing on the books…yet…
8. What are your recovery & sleep routines like? LOTS of rest and TONS of water; can’t get enough of either! Stretching is a big one for me, as well.
9. What’s the best workout/walking/running advice you’ve ever received? “Running is just putting one foot in front of the other”….quite simple, but how true.
10. What’s your favorite walking/workout/running-related memory? Crossing the finish line of the Portland Marathon! Super cool opportunity!
11. Fill in the blank: I’d love to go on a walk/run with _______. Any of my running buddies! This is when I get to catch up with my friends!
Thanks, Angie! We’re excited to have you on the team, and can’t wait to be along for the ride as you set (and conquer!) more of those running goals.
Friends, if you’re interested in being featured here (all levels & abilities welcome), please drop me a line at info(at)kineticfix(dot)com.