While these aren’t exactly healthy, per se, they do hit the spot when you’re hit with a craving for super-fudgy brownies and have very few ingredients on hand.
Just three, to be exact: Eggs, salt and Nutella. Yes, Nigella Lawson is a genius.
And if Nutella’s not a staple in your pantry, well, then it’s a great excuse to stock up because this dessert is a surefire crowd-pleaser!
Three Ingredient Nutella Brownies
(original recipe here)
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 2 pinches of fine sea salt
- 1 cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line the base and sides of an 8-in.-square cake pan with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, beat eggs and one pinch of salt on high until mixture doubles in size and is pale and mousse-like (about 5 minutes).
- Place Nutella in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat for about 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds, or until slightly runny.
- With mixer on medium-high, slowly drizzle all of the heated Nutella into the eggs until fully combined (the volume of the eggs will decrease).
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, sprinkle with another pinch of sea salt, and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan (about an hour) before removing from pan. Cut into 16 squares and serve.