In honor of our inaugural Team LUNA Chix Portland Run season, I’ll be introducing my teammates via this interview series throughout the next few months…get to know these impressive ladies, and come join us for a run Monday nights from 6:30-7:30 pm in Portland (click here for details)!
Meet Kelsie Adams, mom to three “rambunctious” girls (with a fourth kiddo on the way!), who might quite possibly have the most energy out of all of us. I mean, running a marathon (which she’s done) must seem like a walk in the park compared to chasing around after a trio of little ladies every day, right?!
A born and bred Oregonian, Kelsie says that running is her perfect way to escape and have some “me” time amidst the happy chaos. Not only does she run to stay healthy physically and mentally, but she also believes it’s the secret to being a better, happier mom and wife.
These days, Kelsie runs whenever and wherever she can squeeze it in, though. Give her some rain and a beach, and she’s in her happy place.
But don’t discount her as a competitor — Kelsie’s participated in 10K’s, half marathons and completed the Portland Marathon when her oldest daughter was just nine months old. She also led her team in roadkills for last year’s Portland to Coast, proving that having kids can indeed kick your athleticism into high gear!
1. What’s your favorite route? Anywhere along the coast. I love the smell of the fresh, salty air. It gives me a cleansing and invigorating feeling.
2. What shoes do you wear? New Balance 880v4
3. What other run gear can’t you live without? My phone. I know it is terrible but with three young kids I like to have it near me for safety reasons. My husbands knows not to bother me on a run, though, unless it’s an emergency!
4. What’s your best time-saver or “runhack?” Simply putting on my running shoes. The sooner I do it, the sooner I get out the door.
5. What do you listen to while running? Pandora. I listen to many different stations from Running Radio Mix to Enya. It just depends on my mood at the moment.
6. What are you currently training for? Nothing at the moment. But hopefully I’ll get something on the books soon!
7. What are your recovery & sleep routines like? At this point in my life, I have NO recovery & sleep routines. I may have had one seven years ago before my first daughter was born, but I cannot remember 😉
8. What’s the best running advice you’ve ever received? Know that every pain will pass with each mile.
9. What’s your favorite running-related memory? My first race. I just remember the energy around me before the race, and I knew that I was really going to like my new hobby.
10. Fill in the blank: I’d love to go on a run with __________. My husband. Pre kids we ran together, and it was always such a fun way to catch up on our days’ events. I know we’ll be able to do it again on day soon enough; I just don’t want to rush it.
Thanks, Kelsie! Looking forward to more adventures and memories over the next year (and beyond).
Runner friends, shoot me a note — info (at) kineticfix.com — so I can feature you, too!