Blogger pal LiteraryLydi requested a pumpkin bread recipe after seeing my recent post with Paleo-friendly banana bread. Ask, and you shall receive!
Since I was home in October for the marathon, I decided to tweak our family-favorite pumpkin bread recipe. It’s not completely Paleo since I wanted to retain more of the taste and texture of the original recipe, but it’s a step in a healthier direction that still got rave reviews.
Paleo(ish) Pumpkin Bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 can pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp clove
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup regular flour
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease or line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix all wet ingredients together. Add sugar, and stir.
- In a medium bowl, mix all remaining dry ingredients together.
- Slowly incorporate dry mixture into wet mixture in large bowl.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake for ~60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from loaf pan and allow to cool before cutting.
Step one: Gather all your ingredients. As you can see, we were low on vegetable oil, so I just substituted coconut oil instead.
Mix your wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls to make sure everything gets evenly combined.
Don’t worry; the batter will be pretty thick. In fact, it had more of a cookie dough consistency at first, which is why I upped the original cup of pumpkin to the whole can.
Because of the consistency of the batter, you may have to scoop (rather than pour) it into the pan. Smooth out the top with a spatula.
Not sure if it’s done? First, the edges will brown. But make sure that toothpick comes out clean when you poke the center!
Next time I’ll probably bake it a few more minutes because the center was just slightly under-done. But still delicious!
What’s your family-favorite fall recipe?
I may have to try this. I LOVE pumpkin bread!!
I made it into muffins this last time – worked well – nice & transportable for work!
LikeLiked by 1 person