Fill your cookie jar with a sweet treat that does double-duty: plenty of chips for chocolate lovers, plus oatmeal for those who want to get their fill of whole-grain fiber.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars. Mix in eggs, milk and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (oatmeal, flour, baking soda, salt). Slowly incorporate into wet mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until edges start to slightly brown and center is set.
I know it’s a no-no, but it’s hard to resist a taste of cookie dough…
It’s a good thing that the finished product is just as delicious!