It’s easy to get in a dinner rut, so I’ve been scouring my old cookbook in search of long-forgotten recipes to add back into our nightly rotation.
This one is a family favorite — not only because it’s delicious, but also because it’s a super-simple one-pan, one-dish meal that can be made in a little over an hour.
One tip: If you want to further shorten the prep time, try buying quick rice or using a pre-made version in a pinch…although Hubby and I usually go the rice-cooker route to keep from using too many processed ingredients, especially with the vegetable mix being pretty high in sodium.
Stuffed Peppers with Turkey and Rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 package Knorr vegetable recipe mix
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked in rice cooker
- 5 bell peppers, hollowed out from the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour olive oil into pan over medium heat. Add onion, and cook until slightly translucent.
- Add ground turkey to onion, stirring to break up and cook through.
- Add Knorr mix and brown rice to cooked turkey, stirring to incorporate.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper, placing hollowed-out peppers in it.
- Fill peppers evenly with meat/rice mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 60 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Allow to set/cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
Here’s a look at the process:
Cook the onion and turkey before pouring the Knorr vegetable seasoning packet into the pan.
Add rice too cooked meat mixture, and stir to incorporate all ingredients evenly.
Remove the pepper tops (keeping bottoms intact), and scoop out the core and seeds before placing peppers in baking dish.
Distribute meat mixture among peppers, taking care not to over-fill.
Once cooked, the peppers soften up and their skin will start to slightly wrinkle.
Serve with a side veggie, or alone for an easy, healthy dinner in a matter of minutes. Enjoy!