Well, not officially until the spring. But in the meantime, I’m thrilled to announce our team leaders for season two of Team LUNA Chix Portland Run, which runs April through October.
We had so many excellent applicants for just a few open spots, it was tough to narrow it down to just 10 people — but the good news is that, since this is a non-competitive, community-oriented team for runners (and walkers!) of ALL levels, we look forward to opening up our workouts to everyone who is interested in attending.
So mark your calendars! Our regular workouts will take place on Mondays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. We’re hoping to keep our usual location — Duniway Park Track — but will have to confirm that closer to the start of the season, pending Under Armour’s proposed renovations.
Here’s our official roster for the 2016 team:
- Syreeta Abrams: Previously one of our most enthusiastic community members, she tackled trail races last year and has her eye on a 5k PR this season.
- Megan Landrum: Our resident women’s nutrition expert is back for a second year, but you may not recognize her new (married) name!
- Nicole Licking: Fresh off a strong showing at the Holiday Half Marathon last month, she’s rallying for another successful, race-filled season.
- Kristin Minto: After completing her first marathon and captaining a Hood to Coast team last year, we can’t wait to see what she’s up to next!
- Sharlene Murphy: Also back for round two next season, she’s got a new baby (congrats!) and is already plotting her comeback to the track.
- Vanessa Peterson: Previously our speediest community member, she has been leading off-season workouts, so our goal is to just try to keep up with her!
- Madeline Rhoades: A new addition for 2016, she started last season as a non-runner but all her hard work paid off when she RAN our final four-miler.
- Ashly Robinson: Another community member success story who took to trail racing like a pro last season and is excited to inspire and welcome others!
- Alex Schrimp: A former community member who nabbed a PR at the Holiday Half 5k last month; she’s all about sharing motivation and accountability.
- Jennifer Hellickson: I’ll be heading up the group next season with a mini LUNA chick in tow (coming March), but I can’t wait to get back out there!
As you can see, it’s a pretty fantastic crew! We’re looking forward to getting out into the Portland running community again — recruiting new community members, logging miles, hosting clinics and events throughout the season and raising funds for our charity partner, the Breast Cancer Fund.
Pingback: January Goal Check-In | Kinetic Fix