Sick of the same old same old when it comes to summer dinners? Spice things up a bit with this Sriracha-spiked salad.
I spotted this recipe in the July issue of O Magazine, and since it’s A) not too heavy on ingredients, B) chock full o’ nutrients, and C) ready in practically no time, it’s been what’s for dinner. Especially on weeknights when we’re pressed for time and creative meal ideas!
And, no, it’s not as spicy as you’d think. I’m not one for set-your-mouth-on-fire heat, but I love me some Sriracha; this recipe is more about flavor, though, than pushing the limits of your palate.
Green Bean Salad with Seared Pineapple and Shrimp
(courtesy of Marcia Kiesel via O Magazine)
- ¾ tsp. plus ⅛ tsp. salt, divided
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1½ cups 1″ pineapple chunks
- ½ pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp. Sriracha
- Bring a large nonstick skillet of water to a boil. Add ½ tsp. salt and green beans, and cook until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and spread out on a baking sheet to cool.
- In the dry skillet, heat ½ Tbsp. vegetable oil on high heat until shimmering. Add pineapple chunks in a single layer. Cook until browned on the bottom, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add ½ Tbsp. oil to skillet. When hot, add shrimp, and season with ⅛ tsp. salt. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring a few times, until shrimp is just cooked, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl with pineapple.
- To skillet, add 2 Tbsp. oil and add garlic. Cook until golden brown, about 1 minute. Add ½ cup tomatoes and cook 1 minute, crushing with a spoon to release juices. Add Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and Sriracha and stir well. Remove from heat and season with ¼ tsp. salt.
- To bowl, add reserved beans and the additional ½ cup tomatoes. Pour warm tomato-Worcestershire mixture on top and toss well. Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Oh, this looks tasty and has all my favorite things in it…..yum!
LikeLiked by 1 person