Finally — a no-fail coconut flour recipe!
I could wax poetic about how these bars are low in carbs, high in fiber, gluten-free (depending on the chocolate), blah blah blah…but all you need to know its that — holy crap — they’re good. And not too bad for you.
Next time you have a hankering for chocolate chip cookies, this isn’t just a healthier substitute; it’s about to become your new go-to recipe for chewy, cakey, chocolatey bars with that perfect balance of sweet-and-salty, thanks to a sprinkle of sea salt on top.
Coconut Flour Chocolate Chunk Bars
Courtesy of Ambitious Kitchen
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey, agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (I used cashew)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 oz your favorite dairy free dark chocolate bar, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8×8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil, honey, vanilla, eggs, and almond milk. In a separate medium bowl whisk together coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined and batter is smooth. Fold in chopped chocolate, reserving a few tablespoons for sprinkling on top, if desired.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes (mine took closer to 26) or until edges are golden brown and knife comes out with a few crumbs attached. The batter may look like it’s not all the way cooked, but it will be. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Cool bars on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes so they settle a bit, then cut into 16 squares. Enjoy!
As mentioned above, I also sprinkled some sea salt on top before baking to offset the sweetness just slightly.
These look moist and delicious! My no fail dessert recipe is “Mom’s Cherry Dessert”….pretty much a dump cake recipe with a very good helping of coconut on the top before baking!
Another one of my favorites – delicious!! xo
Those look delicious!! I love coconut!!
They’re such a great substitute for chocolate chip cookie bars…let me know if you end up trying ’em!