Dubbed the “Eggocado” by author and entrepreneur Tim Ferris, this compact breakfast bake is a nice alternative to the usual scrambled eggs or cold cereal.
Admittedly, the texture and consistency take some getting used to (hubby loved it; my verdict is, “meh”), but it’s nice to start your day with some healthy fats, fiber and vitamins.
The recipe is incredibly simple; top it with your favorite hot sauce or Sriracha for an extra kick in the pants to get you up and out the door in the morning!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- Dash of pepper and salt
- Optional: hot sauce, salsa
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Slice avocado in half, and place in a baking dish after removing the pit
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of flesh to make room for the egg
- Crack one egg into each avocado half. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until egg white sets
- Remove from heat, and garnish with grated cheese, hot sauce or salsa