Combine an increase in running mileage with recovery time spent trolling the internet for new meal ideas, and you’ve got a recipe for trouble.
Needless to say, I found this recipe when a recent carb craving struck. It’s a perfect weeknight dish that can be whipped up with very little effort, thanks to the convenience of jarred pasta sauce, pre-cooked sausage and shredded cheese.
Of course, I couldn’t resist, oh, quadrupling the amount of cheese (yes, seriously) and adding some sweet Italian sausage to spice it up a bit.
The result? As delicious as it looks. And, bonus: Not only is there minimal-prep involved, but it’s also basically foolproof; as long as you can boil water, you’re good to go!
Super-Cheesy Baked Spaghetti Pie
(Recipe adapted from LeMan and Wife)
- 1 jar (~25 ounces) pasta sauce
- 16 ounces cooked spaghetti
- 4 italian sausages, roughly chopped
- 2 cups grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cooked spaghetti in a 9×13 baking dish, and sprinkle sausage and Parmesan evenly over the top.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl before adding milk, salt and pepper, then pour mixture over the Parmesan.
- Top with pasta sauce, and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese browns and sauce bubbles, about 45-55 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.