While it’s generally good to stay away from a lot of processed foods, there are some days where – for whatever reason – you just need a break from the kitchen.
In that case, it becomes a matter of choosing between the lesser of two evils (i.e. a meal with some pre-made components versus fast food).
To that, I say: “Resist the drive-through!”
Yes, there’s definitely a time and a place for In-N-Out, but this recipe is just too simple (and tasty) to pass up on a busy weeknight.
Quick & Easy Crock-Pot Chicken Bake (serves 4)
- 4 chicken breasts (cubed, if desired)
- Box of stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Season chicken and place in the bottom of the crock-pot
- Dump entire box of (dry) stuffing over chicken
- Mix Greek yogurt and cream of chicken soup in separate bowl
- Pour yogurt/soup mixture into crock-pot (do not mix)
- Sprinkle cheese on top, if desired
- Cook on low for 4 hours, or until chicken is cooked through
Note: I found that there’s plenty of salt in the stuffing mix and soup, so go easy on any extra salt the first time around.