Looking to soothe aching muscles after a long run or heavy lift, but don’t have the time (or budget) to get to the spa?
Try this simple at-home recipe for lavender bath fizzies, courtesy of Indie Lee, founder of the all-natural skincare line, Indie Lee & Co.
What you need:
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid
- 1 Tbsp Jojoba oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
How to make it:
- Mix 1 cup baking soda and ½ cup citric acid together
- Add a tablespoon of jojoba oil to the baking soda mixture
- Add 15 drops of lavender essential oil, mix until it’s fairly smooth consistency
- If needed, add a few drops of water at a time, until the mixture is moist enough to stick together and hold a shape
- Form into individual tablets using tablespoons or ice cube trays
- Let dry overnight, then drop a few at a time into a hot bath and enjoy!
Extra tip: Customize with natural food coloring or dried flowers to enhance the fizzies, which also make terrific gifts when packaged separately in cellophane.
For more information and a step-by-step tutorial, watch the video here.