Homemade gnocchi on a weeknight? Yep, and we’ve got Olympic steeplechaser Emma Coburn to thank for it.
I spotted the recipe on her Instagram Stories; not only is it simple to make, but it’s also got a subtle sweet flavor that makes these little pillows of dough just delicious.
Not too shabby for something she whipped up using a combination of recipes and ingredients already in her fridge, as she told me via Twitter.
Emma Coburn’s Sweet Potato Butternut Squash Gnocchi
- 1.5 cup sweet potato, roasted & blended
- 1.5 cup butternut squash, roasted & blended
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 cups flour
- Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Using flour to coat hands, roll into ropes & cut.
- Boil for 5 minutes in small batches.
- Toss with pancetta, top with Parmesan & serve.
Bonus: It’s excellent fuel for this week’s half marathon training!