No, this isn’t a pregnancy announcement (sorry, grandmas) but if you’ve been wondering why things have been a bit quiet around here lately it’s because I do have a new “baby” in the works…
I’m thrilled to announce that 2017 will be the inaugural year for Portland Women’s Run Club!
Sadly, LUNA is winding down their local teams’ program. So even though Team LUNA Chix Portland Run will technically be no more, the company will still remain as a sponsor and support us as we transition into a team with a local focus.
What does this mean? Well, a few things (all of which are really exciting):
- A brand new name, logo and website, along with social media accounts (give us a follow on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!)
- Team-based, run-specific workouts led by a certified running coach (yep, I’ve been making the most of the off-season)
- Partnership with a Portland-based charity (to be announced soon!), allowing us to make more of a local impact, as well as donate our time along with money raised
- Dedicated walk captains, so we can truly offer something for every ability and level at each workout
- Team races, which we will be working toward throughout the season, plus training plans for non-PWRC practice days
- Awesome branded club gear, so you can show your team pride both during workouts and when racing!
- All the usual seasonal swag for our regular participants – including attendance rewards and other fun surprises
- Special discounts and perks at local businesses with whom we’re partnering for the upcoming season
- Additional workouts for people interested in co-ed sweat sessions, group long runs, trail running, as well as rotating locations
- Social events, clinics, charitable opportunities and much, much more!
And last, but certainly not least, our workouts will remain FREE for everyone. Adulting is tough enough; we want you to just show up, get after those goals, make some new friends and be able to give back to a good cause without having to dig into your wallets.
So if you’ve been wanting to nab that new PR, attempt a new distance or simply start from square one and see where it takes you, now’s your chance to be a part of Portland’s fastest-growing running team.
Don’t miss out – sign up here to get our latest updates as we prepare for our 2017 season!
We’ve got big things in store for 2017, and we’re looking forward to get faster, stronger, better – together.
SO exciting. Wish I were close enough to participate. Wah wah.