Just ask Kermit – it wasn’t easy bein’ green…until kale came along.
Thanks to this leafy superfood, the most-loathed color in the food pyramid has now risen to rock-star status.
Her favorite kale salad was recently featured in Daily Candy, and it’s so simple and so yummy, I couldn’t resist re-posting it here.
SKINutritious Lemony Kale Salad
- 1 bunch dinosaur/lacinato kale
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1½ tbsp. olive oil
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toasted pepitas, avocado, gluten-free breadcrumbs (optional)
- Wash kale and remove stalks. Slice thinly and place in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- With clean hands, massage dressing into kale for several minutes until leaves soften. Let sit for 5 minutes to soak up the flavors.
- Top with toasted pepitas, avocado and gluten-free breadcrumbs, if you so choose.
Want more of Elise’s skintastic recipes? Download her Skin Detox eCookbook here, and keep an eye out for the second edition, due later this summer.