Whether you’re an athlete or pregnant woman (or both…or neither!), iron is essential to optimal health. In fact, it’s a critical component in helping our bodies make oxygen-carrying red blood cells.
Yet, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), iron deficiency is one of the most common nutritional deficiency in the U.S., with almost 10 percent of women being considered iron deficient.
But did you know that eating foods high in Vitamin C can help you absorb more iron? That’s why this recipe is a great option for anyone who is looking for a nutrient-dense snack to fuel their day.
Plus, just a handful of ingredients provides the following:
- Peaches = Vitamins A and C, calcium, potassium & magnesium
- Spinach = iron, Vitamins A, C and K, folate, manganese & potassium
- Dates = good source of energy, natural sugar & fiber
- Chia seeds = fiber, protein & Omega-3’s
- Hemp seeds = protein, fatty acids (Omega 3, 6, 9 & GLA), & all essential amino acids
- Greek yogurt = protein, calcium & probiotics
- OJ = Vitamin C & folate
- Almond milk = protein, fiber & Vitamin E
So, without further ado, I present to you the…
Power Smoothie…for Pregnancy & Beyond!
- 1c frozen peach slices
- 2c loosely packed fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp Bard Valley Natural Delights Medjool date paste (directions here)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp hemp seed hearts
- 1/2c Greek yogurt
- 1c orange juice
- 1/2c unsweetened almond milk
- Measure all ingredients into blender.
- Cover, blend & enjoy!
Note: If this isn’t up your alley, ingredient-wise, but you still want to whip up your own custom smoothie that’s a perfect fit for your fitness goals, my friends over at Natural Delights made a nifty smoothie builder that allows you to create your own concoction – complete with all the nutritional info.
Happy blending and healthy living, friends!
This post is sponsored by Bard Valley Natural Delights Medjool Dates, but the recipe and opinions expressed therein are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that partner with KineticFix.com!