After a long day on your feet (or an intense run), there’s nothing that’ll keep those tired dogs from barking better than a tried-and-true remedy: Epsom salt.
Athletes swear by the stuff, which is used in all sorts of soaks to help relieve pain, reduce stiffness and get rid of odor.
It’s one of my favorite parts of the post-run ritual; just add a few drops of your favorite essential oil, and you’ll be good to go in no time at all.
Soothing Epsom Salt Foot Soak
- Water (heated to a comfortable level)
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- Essential oil of your choice
- Unscented lotion
- Fill a bowl with enough water to cover feet (test temperature with your hands first!)
- Dissolve Epsom salt in water, and add a few drops of essential oil (my favorites: lavender to relax or peppermint to energize)
- Soak feet for 10-15 minutes. Pat dry and moisturize, adding a few drops of essential oil into your lotion