A few weeks ago I wrote about launching the LUNA Chix Run Team in Portland for 2015, and I’m thrilled to announce our inaugural members for the upcoming season, which runs April through October.
We had a lot of interest, and it was tough to narrow it down to just 10 people — but the good news is that, since this is a non-competitive, community-oriented team, we look forward to opening up our workouts to everyone who is interested in attending.
So mark your calendars! Our regular workouts will take place on Mondays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in a location that rotates each week (follow our team’s Facebook and Twitter pages for updates). Our first one is slated for Monday, April 6, and we hope to see you (and your friends — come one, come all) there.
And, without further do, here’s our official roster for the 2015 team:
- Katie Phillips: Eye doc, mom of two kiddos, just rocked Hood to Coast and the Fueled by Fine Wine half marathon this summer
- Kristin Minto: When not working alongside oral surgeons, you can find her at Burncycle, on the philanthropy circuit or with her cute pooch
- Tiffany Henness: Also a proud dog mama, she’s a blogger, RRCA Certified Running Coach, CrossFit Level 1 Trainer & ultramarathoner
- Kelsie Adams: May possibly have the most energy out of all of us as a mom to three, led her team in roadkills for this year’s Portland to Coast
- Carolyn Domme: My partner in crime for studio-hopping in the city; avid mountain-biker, hiking adventurer and hot yoga connoisseur
- Tasha Henderson: Embracer of life, food and a good farmer’s market, blogger who runs marathons, skis double black diamonds and climbs rocks
- Sharlene Murphy: Family medicine doc and avid yogi who likes camping, hiking, snowshoeing, running and cycling
- Nicole Licking: Neurology doc who cares for patients with movement disorders. Enjoys running, cooking, traveling and watching/playing soccer
- Megan Fuetterer: Iron(wo)man triathlete, personal trainer, pediatric dietitian and kick-ass Revocycle instructor. Oh, and she also blogs
- Jennifer Hellickson: Yours truly! I work for a fitness start-up & am a workout junkie/wannabe-triathlete who likes to run (far)
As you can see, it’s quite the crew! We’re looking forward to getting to know one another better, logging many miles together and making an impact on the Portland running community while doing some good work for the Breast Cancer Fund in the process.